Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Translating 老徐

Translating her dairy entry 日记 [2006年10月30日]:

When Button arrived in his new place he was a bit shy, he hid motionless in the corners, since from the night he came I heard from his owner, Juicy Peach's (水蜜桃) advice that he shouldn't be allowed on the bed, I guess that he envys and hates me now, even when I tried to feed him some delicious and attractive buns he didn't care at all, moving backwards and letting his little brother Wei BoEr (围脖儿) show off, not only did he eat his portion, he went and ate Button's portion too not leaving anything behind, and he then strutted and took over Button's nest. I told him off and he acted like he didn't do anything wrong, he put out his fat face, narrowed his eyes and tilted his head to the sky. I had to forcefully carry him away, I carried Button back in, but he wasn't very grateful and rushed at me with a big open mouth looking like he was going to bite, he took advantage of me loosing my grip and escaped. I really lost ……

These couple of days I only have one mission, which is to bring him to my side. As soon as I got up this morning I gave the honeymooning Miss Juicy Peach a call, she said it was normal, when she carried him home from her mother's house he wouldn't eat anything either, this made feel slightly more relieved, otherwise if Button gets thin in an instant then how I will explain it to Juicy Peach ……

I've almost finished watching the third season of The O.C., I suddenly wondered why soaps are so watchable, although most of the time they don't talk about any intellectual subjects, but after watching it for a while I feel something for the characters inside the story, after rushing through the episodes I still can't stop watching, even though I'm afraid that I finish watching it I'll feel lonely. All this is the reason why I feel like filming my own soap opera.

Today at the media university that put on Dreams May Come 《梦想照进现实》, before they showed it I talked with some schoolmates, unknowingly talked for an hour, talking with them made me really happy.

When I was on the way home, my friends sent me txt messages asking me why I don't reply to cheeky rumours going around, still that response: Respond to them and they don't humiliate themselves. If their goal is to humiliate themselves, then fine, they've succeeded, they can go and humiliate themselves.

I'm going to go watch good TV soaps.

No comments: