Thursday, December 14, 2006

Translating 老徐

Translation of 老徐's 日记 [2006年12月13日] dairy entry:

When I was eating, some guys born in the South started talking about ghosts. These guys were fearfully talking about the idea of ghosts changing colour. The two women which grew up in Beijing treated it with contempt, the conclusion was, the Northern male spirit is strong, I won't say Yin is prosperous and Yang is feeble.

The status of these days have risen, it's been stretched to three times. And the days of our youth 《与青春有关的日子》 A compilation of literary history data 《文史资料选编》 is with someone else. In the past stories, my own days have turned into history.

Certain friends of this blog advised me to talk more about current affairs. But my leader instructed me a long time ago, talk less about government affairs, evaluate other people less. My friend who passed away said, you should spend your days as if treading and as if something's approaching, the full saying: is treading on thin ice, be on your guard for anything. In your 60s and 70s when you've matured and become an elder member of the family, the accent you speak in is all the same. Certain friends on the blog have admitted it. I appeal to everyone to talk more about national affairs, a motive among all the topics available. It's also fulfills the need for rich content.

I've passed the days really carefully, I'm going to do some embroidery.

No comments: