Thursday, December 07, 2006

Translating 老徐

Translation of 老徐's 日记 [2006年12月07日] dairy entry:

I've gone home again. For several days running I've been lacking sleep. I haven't posted for a few days, it's not like me ……

This is why, in the past few days while I'm at home or in one of Shanghai's hotels, I've gone through several struggles. Fighting against my landowner, fighting to install some DV software on my non-Apple computer, fighting against English websites, fighting to store my documents in the computer's video camera, fighting till late at night and in the daytime fighting to stay awake.

And there's the really thick book which is all about fighting between the classes and because of that I've continued fighting for a few more days. Everytime I look at it, it seems I'm approaching the end.

It's the end of the year, smoke fills the air, as the end of this year approaches faster and faster. Good news, harvest, I'm relying on the collaboration on my composing work and that coming one after another. I've finally reached the end of the long winding road. I've planted fresh flowers where they should be planted, is it still long before they bloom?

No comments: